SAWA applies stringent quality control processes to each stage of the project life cycle, and has a policy of providing a single point of contact for project partners to ensure transparency and accountability.
The team is committed to achieving certification of its Quality Management Systems (QMS) to ISO 9001:2015.
We have a mission at SAWA and that is to shape a better world. To deliver this effectively, the company aims to:
- Achieve local delivery of the firm’s global knowledge and skills, through the provision of networks, supported by appropriate training and facilities.
- Create conditions where people of high ability are attracted to work in the firm.
- Meet the needs of its clients by providing services of recognised value.
- Maintain honour and mutual respect in relationships with clients, members of the firm and collaborators.
- Operating within a management system which meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
- Seek continued enhancement of its performance through improved processes.
In meeting these objectives, SAWA will:
- Achieve a performance which will sustain the long-term success of the business.
- Deliver projects which are recognised for their quality.
- Provide opportunities for staff to develop rewarding careers.
- This will result in the firm being known for the excellence and creativity of all that it does for clients and for society at large.
Responsible Corporate Citizenship
SAWA is committed to playing a full and active part in the communities it operates within. Putting sustainability at the heart of its projects is one of the ways in which SAWA can exert a positive influence on the wider world.
SAWA’s work in the built environment leaves a significant legacy to subsequent generations. This power, to design and influence the built environment, carries with it a responsibility to do the best possible job for current and future generations.
Investing in research and development is another: without such investment, innovation can be stifled. Without the capacity to innovate, our ability to combat the effects of climate change and other global issues would be compromised.
Corporate responsibility is not simply a policy at SAWA, but a way of working. The company’s active engagement with humanitarian and charitable causes is almost a defining feature and has been from the founding of the firm.
The Sawa Foundation
The SAWA Foundation is responsible for spearheading SAWA’s corporate citizenship initiatives, and was initially created to facilitate distribution of humanitarian food aid utilising vehicles (and other resources) available to the team.
Honesty, fair dealings with others and a commitment to humanitarian aims are key aims within SAWA.
More recent activities undertaken by the Foundation include identifying employment opportunities for local people within the team and its supplier companies, and providing educational and training grants.
Our mission is to encourage the advancement of education directed towards the promotion, furtherance and dissemination of knowledge of matters associated with the built environment.
SAWA partners are involved within a range of organisations, including public and private corporations, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and multilateral agencies.
SAWA is a company that values learning. Our partnerships with global organisations enable an exchange of knowledge and ideas and help make a positive difference in society.
Such partnerships reinforce our commitment to sustainability, both in the work we do for our clients and the way we run our business.
Recent partners include The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and Ministry of Irrigation & Water Development, Energy and Natural Resources in Malawi.